As a US citizen you can apply for a visa at a Bolivian embassy
or at the border itself. The cost for the visa is $160 USD.
*IMPORTANT: US Dollar notes must be in perfect condition. Old, torn or marked notes will
not be accepted by officials.
US Citizens Must Present:
- 6 month validity remaing on passport
- 2 copies of passport information page
- 2 passport photos
- Evidence of a hotel reservation
- Detailed printed itinerary of your time in Bolivia
- Exit ticket out of Bolivia
- Photocopy of bank statement
- Special immigration form – available on Bolivia Hop bus
If applying at the embassy, the immigration form will be handed out there
IMPORTANT: It is the personal responsibility of each passenger to ensure that they
have all the correct documentation to present for their visa application. Border
officials are very strict so you will want to come prepared and ready.
At Bolivia Hop we do our best to provide the most accurate and timely information
regarding the border crossing, however you should check your local embassy’s website for
the most recent information and prices. We do not accept liability for any information that
may not be correct on this or any of our other pages.